Welcome to: Missouri Association of Workforce Development
The Missouri Association for Workforce Development is a state association that supports career and technical training as well as workforce development. We are made up of individuals within the training and employment community who seek to enhance partnerships focused towards developing a competitive workforce. Membership in MAWD affords an opportunity to interact with other professionals concerning relevant issues in the area of workforce development.
- Workforce Development Services should serve all job seekers and employers by:
- Ensuring a continued commitment to provide services to all youth, dislocated workers, former offenders, and all under- and unemployed individuals, regardless of race, disability, gender or economic barriers.
- Supporting mechanisms to increase job retention and enable families to earn a sustaining wage without government assistance.
- Every worker should have access to high quality training that is necessary to improve their ability to obtain and maintain meaningful employment by:
- Removing limitations to training options for individuals.
- Enhancing the collaboration between adult education and training and workforce development programs.
- National and state funding for workforce development programs should be strengthened and stabilized to ensure all customers receive the best benefits by:
- Ensuring there is adequate federal support for workforce development that keeps pace with inflation, takes into account unemployment rates, and avoids duplication of services.
- Providing specific funding for professional development for those who are employed within the workforce development system.
- Collaboration should be encouraged across all workforce development programs by:
- Streamlining eligibility requirements and performance measures across workforce development programs.
- Funding efforts to identify and disseminate best practices across the workforce development system.
- Innovation should be encouraged within the workforce development system by:
- Appropriating funds to implement strategies that address the unique life circumstances of people experiencing multiple barriers to employment, such as, homelessness, low literacy, and disability.
- Supporting activities that provide the workforce development system greater flexibility in order to better serve job-seekers and business across the State of Missouri.
Learn from the best and brightest to propel your career in workforce development. From the MAWD Conference, to webinars, helpful articles, and everything in between, MAWD has you covered.
The mawd.us website is MAWD’s gateway for trends in workforce development, both statewide and nationally. Check out the resource links or dig deeper into workforce news.
MAWD participates in state and national coalitions to spread the word about the benefits and roles of workforce development. Missouri’s economy is made stronger every day thanks in part to the workforce system.