In preparation for the 2017-2018 cycle, MAWD is seeking nominations for its board of directors. The annual conference will serve as the election venue. Open positions this year include three at-large board positions for two-year terms, President-Elect, Secretary, Membership Chair, Business Relations Chair, and Public Information Chair.
Each elected member of the Missouri Association of Workforce Development (MAWD) Board of Directors represents the full membership of the organization. The Board meets at least quarterly in a state-central location. Each member of the Board is expected to actively serve on one or more standing or ad hoc committees. Each Board member is expected to attend and assist with the planning and execution 0f the Annual Conference.
It is expected that travel and lodging expenses associated with Board meetings will be the responsibility of each Board member or their employer. Prospective board members should complete and submit the application along with the required attachments. The forms should be submitted by email to Scott Sattler.
Duties of MAWD's Board of Directors
From the MAWD Bylaws
Article VI - Duties of the Board of Directors
- President: The duties of the President shall be those usually pertaining to the office as set forth in Roberts Rules of Order, and such other duties as may be prescribed in the constitution and bylaws. The President shall appoint a nominating committee consisting of four active members of the Association at least three months prior to the annual membership meeting. Ad-hoc committees may be appointed by the president and will serve until completion of their assigned duties as determined by the President.
- President-Elect: The President-Elect in the absence of the President shall perform the duties of the President and in the case of the permanent vacancy: the President-Elect shall automatically assume the duties of the President until the office is filled by the Executive Committee.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the Association, the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors and shall conduct such correspondence and fulfill such other duties as may be authorized by the President and the Executive Committee.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be appointed by the President at the Association’s annual members meeting. The Treasurer shall keep an itemized report of receipts and expenditures and submit the same to the Executive Committee for audit and approval. A complete report shall be submitted at the Association’s annual members meeting.
- Membership/Marketing Committee Chairperson: The Chairperson shall provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and an annual report at the annual members meeting.
- Professional Development Committee Chairperson: The Chairperson shall provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and an annual report at the annual members meeting.
- Business Relations Committee Chairperson: The Chairperson shall provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and an annual report at the annual members meeting.
- Public Information: The Chairperson shall provide quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and an annual report at the annual members meeting.
- All Committee Chairs: Each Chairperson is encouraged to recruit MAWD members to serve on their respective committees.
- At-large Elected Board Members: Each at-large member shall participate on one of the standing committees and/or participate in ad hoc committees as appointed by the President.
- The Board of Directors shall hold at least two meetings in each calendar year.
- Special meetings may be held at other timers and in other places upon the call of the President for the purpose that shall be specified by the call.
- There is no term limit for the Board Members who wish to continue to stand for election. The Committee Chairs shall be elected to a two year term at the annual membership meeting.
- The Board of Directors shall establish and purchase the sum of the fidelity bond to be obtained to cover the Treasurer of the Association. Such bond shall be executed by a responsible guarantee company. The expense is to be defrayed by the Association.
- The Board of Directors shall consider proposed amendments to the Constitution and /or bylaws and report those to the Association with their recommendations.